It’s not just the beautiful weather and stunning beaches that persuade people to move to Australia. The country also has a strong economy, which means the jobs market is usually buoyant, particularly in sectors such as mining.
As of July 2014, Australia’s unemployment rate stood at just 6.1%. In order to plug skills gaps, the Australian Government is more than happy to welcome talented migrants into the country. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection attends skilled migration events around the world to provide information to experienced workers who might be able to instantly settle into a job Down Under.
The list of professions that require more skilled employees generally changes on a regular basis, but in the past few years, there has been a particularly strong demand for:
• Agriculture & horticulture
• Automotive trades
• Building professions, architecture & building technicians
• Child care
• Construction trades
• Electrotechnology & telecommunications technicians and trades
• Engineering professions, technicians & trades
• Food trades & hospitality occupations
• Health professions
• Resources-related occupations
• Social & welfare occupations
The success of your visa application could depend on the economic situation at the time, the availability of skills in your chosen field and where in Australia you plan to work.
You can find out more about the latest employment situation in Australia here.
Before you can work in Australia, you will need to apply for a visa. There are a number of different work visas to choose from, including:
• Skilled Independent Visa
• Skilled Nominated Visa
• Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa
• Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa
• Employer Nominated Scheme
• Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme
• Training and Research Visa
• Working Holiday Visa
• Work and Holiday Visa
With so many different options, it’s understandable that migrants can get a little flustered when they sit down to do their application. This is why more people are using the services offered by True Blue, as we can take all of the stress out of it for you.